We spend lots of time in picking the right sofa for our drawing/living room, invest in matching throw pillows and then forget about it for the next couple of years. Alas! Isn’t that a sad way to treat that special sofa you bought with so much thought? Here are some simple tricks to refresh your sofa every so often and keep it as inviting as new.
1. Go for a plain/neutral sofa fabric. This gives you a neutral background to accommodate many colour options.
2. Choose cushions of at least 2 different sizes to make the sofa look more dramatic and interesting. You can even buy cushion fillers of various sizes online.
3. It is now time to pick some peppy cushion covers or throw pillow covers. Zaarga has exquisite cushion covers in a wide variety of fabrics,colours and design. Mix and match colours, fabrics and motifs to suit your taste. You could keep multiple sets of cushions for different occasions, festivals or seasons.
4. Pull the sofa away from the walls and keep them floating to make the room seem bigger.
5. Arrange the sofa and the chairs in a U-shape or H-shape to give a sense of intimacy and balance.